2.16.2010

Make shift photo frame

I wanted to give Eric some pictures of the kids for Valentiens day this year, but I didnt want to spend the money to buy some frames, so I took some of the things that I had laying around the house and made my own. I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think?


This is what it looked like before I put the pictures on. Next time I make one of these I will make the matting behind the pictures a little bigger.


How I did it:

1.) Found a scrap piece of wood, sanded it down and then used black glaze to make it look like old barn wood. You could spray paint it first and then use the glaze, and that would look really sharp too.
2.) Then I cut the mats to the size that I wanted. I used modge podge to put the mats onto the wood.
3.) Take however many pics you have and paint a clothes pin for each picture. ( I took my clothes pins apart, painted them and then put them back together.)
4.) Use whatever embellishments (ribbon, vinyl, etc) to make it look pretty. I just used my hot glue gun to put both the ribbons and the clothes pins onto the wood.

Simple. Easy. Very adaptable.



Love, Tamber

1 comment:

Becky said...

Very cute! I bet Eric loves them. Great idea.