9.13.2009

Love it.


Today we had a great program in our Sacrament Meeting. There was a Homecoming program for a young man in our ward who served a mission in the Chicago Illinois Mission. His little brother died just before he left on his mission. He showed his mission nametag and on the back, he had a picture of his brother that died on the back of his name tag. He said that he liked to keep a picture of his brother close to his heart while he taught investigators about the Plan of Salvation and Eternal Families.

After he spoke, he and his entire family sang a primary song from the friend that I loved. It is called The Family is of God. I loved it. The words were exactly what I needed to hear today. I Love my family so much and know that I will get the chance to live with them for eternity.

The Family is of God

1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.

2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.

3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.

4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:

[Chorus]
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

Words and music: Matthew Neeley


If you want to listen to the song, click here.


Love, Tamber

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, I cannot get through that song without crying. I think the primary kids are just used to me getting misty eyed by now. I love that song! Your family picture is also lovely. When is the big triathalon? Good luck if it is this week. I can't wait to hear all about it.