11.21.2007

I am Thankful for my Children





This is for Emma and Marcus:
I know that being a mother is not the easiest thing, but there is not a replacement for children. I had to remind myself of that today. I am thankful for how cute they are, becasue if I didnt think they were very cute I might have a harder time forgiving them for stressing me out. I am thankful for their health (one of my friends found out that her baby might have Lukemia today). I am thankful for their happyiness. Emma always makes me smile, and now that Marcus is starting to smile it makes my day. I am thankful for the unconditional love that they give Eric and I. There is nothing that I can do wrong to make them not love me ("Although Emma has started saying "GO AWAY", in a very demanding voice). I am thankful for their continuous example and special spirit. It is such a hard thing to explain to those who are not parents yet, but there is something about both of my children that is so special. It is like they are angels sent to me at the time that I needed them. I know that I still have a lot to learn about being a mother, but I think I can learn a lot from the scripture in Moroni 8:17 where it says "I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love;wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation." If Chrsit can have a perfect love for his children, then they must be special. I love both of my children so much and I am excited to have more (not for a while) and see them grow up.

No comments: