10.26.2008

Abby's Funeral


Today we had the chance to go to Eric's Cousin Summer's Daughters funeral. I am sad that I never had the chance to meet her, she seemed like an amazing little girl. Since she was a newborn she struggled with 'Bubble boy disease'. The last three years she has been really healthy, but on Monday she started feeling sick and Monday night she passed away. It was such a great experience to see how family pulls together during rough times. I had not met any of Eric's Cousins or his Uncle until now. They are all very strong people and we were glad that we could go support them.

I hope that in the future I can learn from Summer's great example as a mother. She seems like the type of person who cherished every moment with her children. At the end of my life, I hope that I can at least say that I did that as well.

Abby was a poster child for the Make a Wish Foundation. She had the chance to go to Disney World with her Parents and her sister Zoe. The night that she passed away she said...'The Butterflies are watching me'. The interesting thing about that is that her Gramdpa had tickets to Madam Butterfly that night and the room that she was admitted into at the hospital was covered in Butterflies. That is where she passed away. I thought that was really neat. I scanned the program from the funeral.


No comments: