10.05.2008

General Conference


I love General Conference weekend. I love laying around my house all weekend listening to inspiring talks and of coarse, I love spending the weekend with my family with no interruptions. We have some Conference Weekend Traditions that we do in our familyI always look forward to having crepes with Strawberries and Whipped Cream. We usually do this on one of the mornings of conference. YUM! This is a tradition that I started my sophmore year in college. I use to invite the swimming girls, roommates, etc. But now it is fun to do this with our family.

I think my favorite parts thus far in the Conference are: the little children's choir yesterday afternoon (Emma was mezmorized by them, and sang every song with them), Elder Uchdorfs talk on Hope, L. Tom Perry's talk on Simplifying your lives, Joseph B Wirthlin's talk on 'come what may and Love it' (I love him, he is such a sweet old man), Jeffery R Holland's talk on Angels around us, and David A Bednar's talk on More meaningful prayer.

I love coming away from conference with my spiritual well refilled and ready to endure whatever comes my way. I hope that you have all had the chance to watch Conference. If you havent, I suggest that you go back and listen to the talks on the internet, or read them in the ensign.

2 comments:

Jen Duke said...

I'm with you- I LOVE conference- it's seriously my favorite 2 times of the year. :) Great crepe idea too! :)

AMY said...

I love that you love it. I'm appreciating it more and more as life gets crazier and crazier. I had to work all weekend and slept through Saturdays sessions. I just watched the first one today while I was mopping. I can't wait for the Ensign to really sit down and study them. We're so fortunate to have it!