7.14.2008

Memory Lane


I thought that this was a really cute idea (thanks Ellen)....

My favorite memories with Eric.....
This is probably the hardest to narrow down. I have so many wonderful memories with my husband. He is such a wonderful person. I think that some of my favorite memories were when we lived in Sugar house in 'the basement'. We were doing so many new things as a married couple...probably my favorite new thing that happened was when I found out I was pregnant with Emma. I remember taking multiple pregnancy test while Eric was around (all being negative). Then while Eric went out to a Jazz game, I decided to take another one, well that one was positive. I decided to call Eric cause I just couldnt wait. Well, he forgot his phone at home. So when he got home at about midnight, I was finally able to tell him, but since I had been asleep for a while, he thought that I was talking in my sleep. Finally after a couple of minutes of him questioning me to see if I was truly awake he believed me. That was such a fun time in our lives.

My favorite memory of Emma...
This one actually occured in our same basement apartment. When Emma was born she had a high bili count. We finally had to get a bili light to bring down her count. I remember having the hardest time sleeping with that bright light in our room, but it helped Emma get better, and that was all that mattered. She was so cute laying under that little light with her goggles. It was a little heart breaking at the time, but I love the memories.

My favorite memories of Marcus...
My favorite times (besides now) that I have had with marcus were when we were in the hospital. It was great to have some time for him and I at the hospital with no one else around. We definently bonded there. I love the feeling of not knowing how you can love someone as much as you do.
Another thing that happened in the hospital that was kind of funny happened while Eric was changing Marcus for the first time. I guess he wasnt use to changing a boy. When he had the diaper off, Marcus peed all over the paper work that was in his little hospital bassinet with him. Eric wasnt quite sure what to do. The nurse came in and helped him lay out all of the paperwork to dry. It was really funny.

NOW ITS YOUR TURN....
Think of your favorite memories of one or all of us and share them in our comments section. I am intersted to see what you all have to say and what you all remember about us.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I remember that time when we were playing "LIFE" and you didn't realize that it was color cooridnated. Makes me laugh...even now.

Tash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Where do I begin? I also remember laughing at church...a lot. Who knows what was so funny but the whole stinkin' church could hear us! I remember trying to take pictures of cute boys at school by standing where you could see them in the background. I remember how you were the most popular girl at swim meets and how I just followed you around. (Every guy there wanted you!!!) I remember graduating from high school next to you and going to see you at college when I lived in Arizona. I remember when you and Eric came out for Christmas the year my dad died. That was the first time I met Eric. I remember visiting you in the hospital when Emma was born. And lastly I remember visiting you in the hospital when Marcus was born. Their...I remember all of you!

Nanette said...

I remember going to the Nascar race in Vegas with you, Ike, Cort, and Lynn. You were pregnant with Emma and it was hot! You never even complained once. What a trooper! I even have pictures!!! I remember we laughed a lot at the weirdos sitting in front of us. It was a great time!!

Amy said...

Hey you. How come you never told me I reminded you a lot of yourself? Huh??? That hurts.

Cort and Amy said...

sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this! Tamber- One of my favorite memories was the night that we went to Target together and bought a bunch of stuff for the wedding. It seemed like we bought the whole store! But it was so fun!

Eric- I have a lot of fun memories of you, but one of my favorites was one day you called my pjone (10 months after Cort and I started dating) and said, "Hi, this is Eric. Your boyfriend's brother" and I thought it was hysterical that you would introduce yourself like that yo me over the phone seeing as how we spent almost everyday with you guys.

Emma- I held you on my first date with Cort! You were 4 months old!

Marcus- I met you right after I found out we were having a boy and when I kept looking at you, I kept thinking, "ok, he isn't that hard, I can do this!"