8.18.2008

Emma writting her name


On Sunday morning, Emma wrote her entire name by herself. I would write each letter and then she would copy me as I would talk her through it. This is how I explained it...
E-Draw one small line, then one at the top, one at the bottom, and one in the middle.
M- Draw a straight line, then one mountain, then another mountain.
M- Draw a straight line, then one mountain, then another mountain.
A- Draw one pointy mountain with a line in the middle.

She was so excited when she did this, I thought it was pretty good for a just 3 years old.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting so big! I always knew that she was intelligent, so I'm not surprised that she can write her name so young. And honestly, her handwriting looks better at three than mine did when I was six! Thanks for picking up those BYU shirts for Rob and me. We are so stoked for the season to start this is the best time of year!

laura said...

that's great! kennedy can write her name, only because i got a laminated alphabet from the dollar section of target, and she loved tracing the letters. i had no hand in her intelligence :)

how fun that she started preschool! do you love the free time?

napnotes said...

Wow! That is wonderful. What a smart little cookie you have. Go Emma.