8.18.2008

Emma writting her name


On Sunday morning, Emma wrote her entire name by herself. I would write each letter and then she would copy me as I would talk her through it. This is how I explained it...
E-Draw one small line, then one at the top, one at the bottom, and one in the middle.
M- Draw a straight line, then one mountain, then another mountain.
M- Draw a straight line, then one mountain, then another mountain.
A- Draw one pointy mountain with a line in the middle.

She was so excited when she did this, I thought it was pretty good for a just 3 years old.

3 comments:

Erin said...

She is getting so big! I always knew that she was intelligent, so I'm not surprised that she can write her name so young. And honestly, her handwriting looks better at three than mine did when I was six! Thanks for picking up those BYU shirts for Rob and me. We are so stoked for the season to start this is the best time of year!

tom & laura said...

that's great! kennedy can write her name, only because i got a laminated alphabet from the dollar section of target, and she loved tracing the letters. i had no hand in her intelligence :)

how fun that she started preschool! do you love the free time?

Bells said...

Wow! That is wonderful. What a smart little cookie you have. Go Emma.