3.04.2008

Go Cougars, I hate being washed up

I just got home on Sunday from the Mountain West Conference Swimming and Diving Championships that was held in Oklahoma City this past week. Our Women's Team got first place. They did an amazing job even though none of them made the NCAA Meet. The times to make nationals this year were rediculously crazy, I think due to it being an olympic year.

I was a little bit sad that my Mountain West Conference Record in the 200 yrd. Breaststroke was broken. A UNLV girl broke it on Saturday. She had an amazing race. It just shows even more how washed up I am. No one really knows who I am anymore, and my name isn't even in the record books anymore. I dont have to say that my I am still proud that I had the record for 8 years and I wasnt aloud to do a dolphin kick on my breaststroke pulldowns when I swam. (The year after a was done swimming they changed the rule on pulldowns saying that you could do 1 dolphin kick off of each wall during the pulldown. I know that it doesnt sound like it would make that much of a difference, but I believe that I could have gone between 1-2 seconds faster with that advantage), so that is my justification that it is okay for the record to be broken. I will always have a little * next to the current record.

Good Job Cougars!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

The picture of Emma and Marcus is so cute! They so look alike, they could be twins. They for sure have the same nose! I know what it is like, both my kids look just alike. It sounds like all is going good on your end of the state!

Heidi McMillan said...

I still remember you Tamber!! It is the breastroke pulldown that got you.