3.16.2008

A Mom's Sacrifice

I have had sick children now for about 2 months, well let me clear that up. Marcus got sick in Jan. with a double ear infection, and now has had 3 different sickenesses by now. Emma got sick and the beginning of the week and even though she fills better now, she has been sleeping terribly at night. Both she and Marcus have been so stuffed up, that they start coughing a lot at night, with wakes them and everyone else in the house up. Needless to say, it has been a very hard week, if not the hardest thus far being a mom. I think the reason it has been so hard is that Marcus is still not sleeping through the night (getting up between 2-5 times a night) and then not sleeping much this week on top of that has kind of put me over the edge. I feel like a hypnotized mummy walking around my house in a daze trying to get things done that need to get done. Now, low and behold after running myself into the ground....I am sick. My eyes are puffy, my nose is runny, my head feels like a dump truck is ramming into it continually and my whole body aches. Well, I guess I just needed to get that out. I feel a little better now that someone knows how I feel. I am sorry for complaining, but you wont hear another word from me on that....I guess that is all truley the Mothers Sacrife. Thanks mom for being such a great example to me of how a Mom can sacrifice for her children. It is bitter sweet.

4 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

Stick in there Tamber...sick children and lack of sleep are the worst...when things get bad for me I always hear that still small voice saying, 'this too shall pass."

Brooke said...

I feel the same way. Both Ryker and I were sick for about a month or so, and I thought we were over it. Not so lucky! Lindsay has had a fever now for 5 days, throwing up, and then last night started complaining about her ears hurting. We took her to instacare and sure enough she has a double ear infection. I am starting to wonder if we will all be well at the same time ever again! I just have to keep thinking to my self that spring is on its way and the cold weather will soon be over. Hopefully that will help all the sickness stuff stay away. Hope you all start feeling better soon!

Becky said...

I am so sorry that you feel so crummy! I wish I could help. I will be thinking about you for sure!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that they have been sick, they were angels tonight! Of course I didn't have to hold them or take care of them, but they seemed to be great down the aisle...And I'm so glad that you blog! I'll be checking up on you guys all of the time now. I hope you getting feeling better soon!