12.05.2008

Emms Say the Darnest things...

One of my favorite things about being a parent are the cute things that children say. Emma lately has said some things that just kill me, so before I forget them, I thought I better write them down.


#1- Wonderful Prayers:

Part 1-So Monday night we had family home evening on the Sacrament. I explained to her that we partake of the bread and the water to remind us of how Christ died for us.

Part 2- Later that night we were having family prayer, and Emma being her normal self had to say it. This is how it went 'Dear heavenly father, thank you for this day, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen'.

So, Eric being a good father says ' that was a great prayer, but why dont we think of some more things that we can pray about and try it again.' He went on to describe about 10 things that we could pray about, the very last of which was that we could be more like Jesus.

Somehow, I think Emma got a little confused, and this is how the end of her second prayer went....'thank you that Jesus had fun dying for us, In the name of Jesus Christ, AMen'.

I about fell over on the floor laughing, but I had to wait until Emma was in her bed so that I didnt embaress her.


#2- Chill

Last night I had to take Emma and Marcus to work with me because Eric had so much homework. SO, as I was getting ready to go, I realized that we had to be there in 20 minutes, so I yelled at Emma 'Hurry and get your shoes on Emma, I have already asked you 3 tiems to get them on, You need to obey mommy right now.'

Emma proceeded to tell me the following... ' Mooooom, Chill, chill, chill, I am trying to hurry.'

Eric looked at me with a confused look and wondered 'where did she learn that?'.

#3- Can you say hormones?!?

The other day Emma and I were in my room, and I asked her to go throw a wrapper away that she had just thrown on the floor.

She picked up the garbage and groaned.

As she walked into the Living room where Eric was, I heard Eric ask her if she was okay. Emma proceeded to say ...

'Ahhh, I am just having a bad day, leave me alone.'

Then she threw the garbage away and went into her room and slammed the door.

I am really worried about what kind of teenager she is going to be.


#4 - Freakin Out

A month or so ago, Emma was sitting on the floor playing with a toy. Marcus was bugging her and kept trying to take her toy away. She kept pushing him and going to a new spot, but he would follow. Then she let out a load groan.

I asked her what her problem was and she said (in a very teenagerish tone ) ' I am just freakin' Out. He is buggin me so bad.'

I hope that these cute things keep happening because they definitely lighten my days.

Love, Tamber

1 comment:

Nanette said...

What a character! Just so you don't feel alone, Makena has her moments also, when she goes to her room and slams the door. I'm with ya, not looking forward to the teenage years. Little girls are definetly born with those hormones.